Police Contact Numbers
Elma Police Department
124 North 3rd Street
Post Office Box 3011
Elma, Washington 98541
Business: (360) 482-3131
Monday - Friday
Grays Harbor Sheriff's Office
100 North Main Street
Post Office Box 630
Montesano, Washington 98563
Business: (360) 249-3711
Toll Free: (800) 562-8714
Washington State Patrol
City of Elma Police Department
It is great to be in Elma, a small town with wonderful people! I am extremely honored to lead the Elma Department.
Residents, business owners, and visitors alike are lucky to have a police department with very talented officers and staff who truly understand what “community outreach” is all about. Your police department cares about Elma, ensuring we have a great place to live, work and visit and strives to maintain a level of customer service second to none.
As the Elma Police Chief, I am the conduit between the Community, City Government and our department. It is my responsibility to be available to community members while representing your police department in the community and the region.
I would like to encourage the citizens of Elma to join our efforts to keep Elma safe and welcoming to both residents and visitors alike. I believe in transparent communication and have developed an email avenue for your to receive department updates. All you have to do is drop me an e-mail and tell me you would like to join this list. About once a month, I will send out information on what is happening in the police department, crime prevention information, crime trends in our area, etc.
I encourage you to contact me any time you have a question or concern. I am your police chief, and we are here to serve you.
On March 28, 1888, just 6 days after the incorporation of the Town of Elma, the Board of Trustees (today known as the City Council) met in regular session and enacted Ordinance Number 1, which established the position of town Marshal, amongst other Town staff positions. Thus began the Elma Police Department.
Today the Elma PD is composed of professionals, using modern equipment, dedicated to the protection of the citizens of Elma.
Mission StatementWith integrity, trust, respect and professionalism, while partnering with the community, we will protect and serve the citizens and visitors of the City of Elma.
Vision StatementThrough community partnerships and problem solving. it is our vision to take a unified stance against crime, violence, disorder and disregard for the law. We are committed to crime prevention and intervention activities. In cooperation with citizens, civic and business leaders, public and private agencies, churches, medical providers and schools, we will help build a strong, self-sufficient community-a community in which crime and disorder will not thrive.
- Integrity - We are dedicated in maintaining the highest moral standards by embracing the principals of honesty, trust and courage.
- Trust - We commit ourselves to building trust and being trustworthy. We are loyal to the City of Elma and to each other.
- Respect - We recognize the value of our unique community and treat the people with kindness, tolerance and dignity. We protect the rights, liberties and freedoms as guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States of America.
- Professionalism - We take pride in our actions, duties, development and appearance.
- Community Partnership - We are part of the community. Community partnership involves collaborating with residents and organizations for the betterment of Elma. We value communication with those that we serve and encourage their participation in our community.
- Chief Susan Shultz - E-mail
- Sergeant Ryan Cristelli - E-mail
- Sergeant Josh Wheeler - E-mail
- Officer Steve Miller - E-mail
- Officer Chad Sample - E-mail
- Officer Devin Kite - E-mail
- Officer Carlos Garcia -E-mail
Volunteers In Policing
- Accepting Applications - Apply Today
- Elma Police Department has an immediate opening and is currently accepting applications for a Lateral Police Officer/post Academy Graduate.
- Elma Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Reserve Police Officer.